Mother-In-Law (MIL) is very excited for the birth of their babies. Why wouldn't she be? She's even helping to throw The Keeper a baby shower even though she lives in a different state. Well, I guess the shit hit the fan when she gave her names and addresses for the invitations. She included my name on the list and Keeper was not happy.
She had Bro call the ILs and tell them that she was pissed. Bro went on to tell FIL that she was mad because MIL invited me and is taking sides. Said I haven't even apologized to her and MIL shouldn't have invited me to the shower. She made MIL cry because she is so upset over the situation.(She's the nicest person in the world! She'd never do anything mean on purpose...or even by accident.) Even worse, she is putting the ILs in the middle of things when they are trying very hard to remain neutral about it all. So much for Switzerland. What a bitch.
I'm happy to hear that FIL snapped a little and told Bro that he is tired of this crap. He let him know that MIL feels the same way about me as she does the Keeper and shouldn't have to be put in the middle and watch everything she does or says when it involves either of us. I completely agree. This nonsense should have been over months ago. It's been a year and we've tried. Geez.
Did I mention that the congratulatory plant we sent her pissed her off? She said we're acting like nothing ever happened. Um...hello! Did you read the damned card? Good lord woman, what do you want from us? How does "congrats on the babies...we're so happy for you...Lil' Man's excited for his new cousins...hopefully we can talk soon" not sound like an effort to communicate?
Oh, but the best part...we can't say anything to her until after she's had the babies. (Girls, by the way. I guess they found out what they are having. Meh. Not sure if I care anymore.) She's not supposed to be stressed about anything since she's ill from the pregnancy and resolving this would just be too much. Really? Does life slow down AFTER you have twins? Yes, because then you'll have time to deal with this. And since when did the entire world stop spinning during the 9 month gestation period? I got the raw end of that deal when I was pregnant with Lil' Man.
Apparently there is a fear that she might not be able to carry the pregnancy to term because she is so sick. I don't know the details because we are on the wrong side of the Berlin Wall of Nonsense, but I don't wish evil on them. I want them all to be healthy. Truly. I can't help but wonder if the situation is being overly dramatized...similar to another situation I'm familiar with. And you know if she does unfortunately lose the pregnancy it'll be all our fault.
I so wish I could fly there and see her face to face to end this. I've been told that I'm not actually invited to the shower even if I receive an invitation. Nice. Does this mean I don't have to send her a gift?? She'd just get pissed off if we did. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
5 comments:
What the??? Let me slap her for you!
What???
What a drama queen.
oh, for the love of poo. this is just ridiculous. i'm standing in line behind nanette.
(i'd probably send a gift just to spite her, and it'd be something she'd need on a DAILY basis. is that mean?)
what a butt-munch. i don't buy the "don't upset her while she's preggo".
she's apparently independently upseting herself. it seems like if it isn't one thing, its another with this witch.
duuuude. what a little brat! i think wannabe has it right -- send her something she'll need EVERY DAY! ha!
Post a Comment