I woke up this morning smelling like garlic and feeling like I could sleep for another hour or two. So I did. I skipped the gym because I figured the damage is done so what good would sweating out the garlic in my system do...besides irritating my fellow gym folks with my stink? I decided to work out later today. Maybe.
Yesterday was America's birthday and we celebrated in true American fashion--we watched baseball, we ate, and we watched fireworks. We were lazy for a good part of the day and managed to get some housework done close to the end of our scheduled time for this task. After that we took showers, got dressed, and headed to the ballpark. We got there early to avoid traffic and it worked. We got a pretty good parking spot and had time to watch some of the batting practice. Something I've never done before.
The Dodgers played against the Braves and they lost 5-2, but I won the good, sloppy food contest: garlic fries, louisiana hot link with mustard and onions, a few of Hubbs' nachos, some of his popcorn (dipped in the nacho cheese of course), a giant diet coke, and Dreyer's Cookies and Cream to top it all off. Oh.em.gee. It was so good. I'm still thinking about, and tasting, the garlic fries. It was my first time ever trying these wonderful things, and I was not disappointed. I almost went back for seconds.
The Dodgers played against the Braves and they lost 5-2, but I won the good, sloppy food contest: garlic fries, louisiana hot link with mustard and onions, a few of Hubbs' nachos, some of his popcorn (dipped in the nacho cheese of course), a giant diet coke, and Dreyer's Cookies and Cream to top it all off. Oh.em.gee. It was so good. I'm still thinking about, and tasting, the garlic fries. It was my first time ever trying these wonderful things, and I was not disappointed. I almost went back for seconds.
*the fries pictures are not my actual fries*
The fireworks show was pretty cool. I felt like a little kid watching them because I got all excited by the music and the colors. Hubbs and I really enjoyed them and, of course, I took pictures. ;)
During the show we sat there in our cramped little seats, leaned our heads together, and soaked up the moment. I guess fireworks can be kind of romantic. It was a pretty good day for us. Nice to hang out, eat like it doesn't matter, and just be together. Now everyone say it all together with me..."Awwwwwwww....."
2 comments:
Awwwww! Aren't those garlic fries the best? :)
awwwwww!
[wiping up drool]
Post a Comment