Friday: The Hubbs and I had movie night. We decided to watch Alpha Dog with the lovely JT and some other little to no-known actors. Our assessment--it was better than we expected but not without it's cheesy elements. There were times in the movie where you could see the fake background. It was pretty bad. For me, it was hard to watch the movie knowing what was going to happen to the kid. I was somewhat familiar with the true story events so it was kind of sad for me. Anyway, it was better than expected.Saturday: We went to my nephew's birthday party in the morning at my sister's house. It was quite unorganized which was not a surprise, but frustrating to me. I offered to help out, but she kept saying she had it all taken care of. Why was my other sister helping to decorate when we walked in the door an hour after the party was supposed to have started? I don't know. Oh well, her party her way.
After the party we hurried home and got dressed for our friend's wedding. I decided to wear the black dress and the Hubbs looked so handsome in his suit. We were set to go. It was a really nice afternoon. Perfect day for a wedding. :)
The church was large and ornate in it's decor. I've never been in one like that before. There was a painting on the ceiling that I affectionately named "What's Up Jesus". Looked like he was raising his hand to say "What's up".
Anyway, it was a Greek Orthodox ceremony and very different from anything I've ever experienced before. It is deeply rooted in tradition and ceremonial rituals. I was glad to have the informational (and nicely done) programs so I could follow along. The bride was beautiful, the groom was happy, and I was very excited for them both when the priest said, "You may kiss the bride."
Hubbs and I had a really fun time. So much fun, that we left the reception talking about it and completely forgot to grab our favors. Damn it! I was looking forward to the Diddy Reise cookies. Hubbs offered to go back and get them, but we were already well on our way to the freeway. It was very sweet of him to offer though.
Congrats to the new Mr. and Mrs.!!
Sunday: I slept in. I needed a little extra time to rest after our night of dancing, eating, and drinking. ;) I headed to the mall to take advantage of a sale and some coupons I received for a local denim sale. After a couple of hours I scored two pairs of jeans, two shirts, and two pairs of crop pants for $87. Sweet! When I got home Hubbs and I decided to watch another movie--Blood Diamond. Now, this was an indisputably great film. We both really liked it and agreed that we should have seen it sooner. It was bloody, disturbing, and really well done although slightly unbelievable in some parts. No matter. It got the point across...Conflict free for me!
3 comments:
What's up, Jesus!
Echo echo echo....
You got a LOT of clothes for just $87! We liked Blood Diamond, too.
sounds like you had just as busy of a weekend as we did! so, are we gonna see pics of these new clothes, hmmm?
yup, that was quite the weekend!
Post a Comment