Yesterday Hubbs went in to wake up Lil' Man for breakfast and stuff as usual.
"Hey, Lil' Man, it's time to wake up. Good morning, buddy."
"Good morning," he replies. "What's masturbating?"
Good thing I told Hubbs about our movie theater incident so he wasn't completely caught off- guard. He took care of it. Thank goodness for that.
We're open to discussing anything Lil' Man wants. If he's old enough to ask, he's old enough to know. That's our motto. I just don't know if, as a parent, you're every really ready to be asked "What's masturbating?" or "Why do men kiss women's boobs?" or "What's a blow job?"
Holy hell, that last one makes my stomach hurt a little. I was actually happy to have the "Where do babies come from" talk after that.
You've got to do it though. You don't want the internet and pervy little kids educating your offspring on the fine complexities of sex and sexuality. I'd rather die a little inside than not discuss these things with him, but it'll never be easy.
Cross your fingers for us...we can use the extra luck. ;)
5 comments:
We were just talking about this at lunch today! Did you use Nanette's hug theory? HAH! But seriously, I'm glad at least R got to deal with the conversation instead of you. It just seems like it would be less awkward and weird for the same sex parent to have the talk.
Eeek! Good thing Robert was prepared!
Beyond hilarious. Again. Why? Because his question was the first thing he uttered that day!
damn. he DID remember, after all!! way to handle it, mom and hub :)
This is too funny :) It's great that you and Robert dealt with the situation instead of avoiding it like some parents would.
Post a Comment