Tuesday

5 minutes

It's amazing how five minutes can mean so much to a person. At least to me it can. Today Lil' Man called and told me that he just finished watching Transformers and that it was really, really good. I could hear Hubb's Dad in the background say that it was a fantastic movie. I could tell they were both very excited about it.

Now they're at Sticky Fingers, and they're going to have dinner. "They have ribs here," he tells me. He loves ribs. The conversation drifted into other things he'd done over the last couple days. He told me about standing in two states at the same time and that he has a picture for proof. He told me that he got to go swimming and that he was being good.

He also said he missed us...awww. He sounded so happy. I miss the little guy too and that phone call heightened it. I am so glad he's having a good time over there though, regardless of how much I miss him.

A five minute conversation did wonders for me. I was very happy to hear from him and I could hear the smile in his voice. Too cute.

2 comments:

weezermonkey said...

I can hear the smile in his voice just from reading your blog. :)

wan said...

i totally smiled through this whole post!

trust me, i know what a 5 minute phone call can do ;)