Wednesday

Words

Don't know if you've heard, but there are some new additions to the dictionary. I was watching the news this morning and saw a story about what words are being added to the newest edition of the Merriam-Webster dictionary. Some of the words listed were "DVR", "ginormous", and "crunk".

Crunk.

It's all going to hell people. Crunk has made it into the dictionary.

I actually find this kind of hilarious...if a word is used often enough and by enough people, it can become a legitimate word. I think I've got a new hobby...coming up with words that'll make it in to regular vocabulary.

Rest assured, if Lil' Man uses crunk in a report or if we play scrabble it's not going to fly with me.

4 comments:

Trisha said...

Dude, it can be like "Mean Girls"...we can try to see if "fetch" will catch on :) I mean, it's a real word, but maybe we can get a definition added!

Nanette said...

Dahahaha!

weezermonkey said...

Seriously?! Ginormous and crunk?! Wow. Then again, d'oh is in there, too.

wan said...

this is pretty funny. "crunk" a legitimate word. what is this world coming to?