Sunday

A year ago today

A year ago today our wedding ceremony was just beginning. My sister had finished her song to us. The music was qued and the precession began. That day is still clear in my mind. It's the day we pledged to take care of each other, be each other's friend, and love each other through good times and bad. The day we said "I do".

It's our first anniversary! It's been a very nice time for us so far and there is more coming up. Last night we went to dinner at the Stinking Rose. It's where we had our first date. We took Lil' Man with us because we decided to celebrate as a family. He was included in the wedding ceremony so we thought it would be nice to include him in the celebration of that too.
After we got home we gave him an anniversary gift from the both of us. It was a Transformer--the Autobot Ratchet. He was really excited about it. We exchanged hugs and warm mushies then it was off to bed for him.

Hubbs was too anxious about my gift to wait until morning so we stayed up until after 12 to exchange gifts. He gave me a digital picture frame! I was so excited about it...I had been drooling over my friend's frame ever since we went over to her house for the fight. Now I had one of my own. :) And it plays music. That part might get kind of annoying, but I don't have to use that feature.

I gave Hubbs a leather monogrammed box to hold his keys, phone, wallet, and other things that usually lay around the house. It has a spot for a photo on the lid which I put a wedding photo in. For that extra sentimental value, I wrote out 180 reasons why I love him and filled the box with them. Each day he'll go take one out and read it. Hopefully he'll realize that I appreciate all the little things that make him who he is and how happy he makes me. I had originally planned to have 365, but that was hard. So I told Hubbs that I'd add some in along the way so it'd fill up the whole year.

Funny, I get the electronics and he gets the sappy, sentimental gift. It's so us.

Happy Anniversary to us!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! How sweet to include Lil Man in the festivities. :)

weezermonkey said...

Happy anniversary! Whee!

wan said...

awww! happy anniversary! seems like just yesterday....

and what a sweet idea to give a gift to li'l man!

Trisha said...

Your anniversary date is really cute! Congrats to you both :)

Winnie said...

Happy anniversary!