Sunday

Guess who's back?

He's baaa-aaack! Our resident rug rat has returned home and I couldn't be happier to see him. Yesterday we picked him up from the airport and were immediately treated to the excited chatter of a 10 year old's adventures during the previous week. Everything felt like normal again.

I'll give you the cliff notes version of his trip:

He went to the zoo, Carowinds, a water park, saw Transformers and Ratatouille, ate a bunch of great food, went swimming, and a few other things that were rattled off to us over the next few hours. He was talking all the way home...and I was happy to hear it all. I missed his voice and there is nothing I love more than to see him happy. He was so very happy.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think he grew a little over the last week. At the very least he looks older. Hubbs noticed it too.

So, it's back to our regularly scheduled programming. He's readjusting back to normal life where he doesn't get spoiled rotten and actually has to take out the trash and stuff. He's doing well with it so far. It'll probably take a couple of days for him to come down off his grandson-gets-all high completely, but when he does it's sure to be a treat. :/ Oh well, it's nice to have him home to hug and talk to. I love that kid.

5 comments:

weezermonkey said...

He grew in just one week?! Wow!

I love hearing that he talked for hours about all the fun things he did. Very cute. :)

Nanette said...

Awwww! I'm glad he had fun! :)

wan said...

yay for li'l man's homecoming! sounds like he had a blast :)

Winnie said...

Cute! Glad to hear he enjoyed spending time with his grandparents :)

Mrs. Shorty Cake said...

Glad he had such a fun trip! I'm happy for you....as I'm sure having him home safe and sound is quite the relief too! :) Grandparents rock!