Tuesday

Transformers

Transformers..."More than meets the eye"

A truer statement has never been spoken.

I have been wanting to see this movie since the previews first began. I was a fan of the cartoons and action figures as a kid so this was like a dream come true. I was determined to see this movie even if I had to go alone. Since Lil' Man had already seen it I was going to try and make Hubbs go with me, but that didn't work. So, I decided to take Lil' Man to see it again. After all, how cool is it to share something from when you were a kid with your kid? And for it to still actually be cool? Yeah, that rules.

The movie was great and very entertaining. I loved it. If you haven't seen it, I recommend you do. Don't get me wrong, there was some bad acting and cheesy stuff going on but if you're a Transformer fan you'll see past all that. I did. It's not a movie of substance, it's supposed to be entertaining. And it was. I said some audible "whoas" and "oh, mans" because of the special effects. And there was some humor in it too which I wasn't expecting.

I want to share with you a mortifying, yet funny, event that was brought about by this movie.

There is a part in the movie where the parents come into Sam's (played by Shai LeBeouf) room and he's acting strangely. There is dialogue and the mother asks if Sam was masturbating (which he wasn't, by the way). People in the theater chuckle and laugh at the awkwardness of the moment...it was kind of funny. At that point Lil' Man turns to me and says, "Mom, what's masturbating?"

I died 3 times before I took my next breath.

All I could muster was, "Shhhhhhhhhhhh! We'll talk about it later." It was, after all, a quiet movie theater and not the right time for that talk. Oh good lord. Is there ever a "right" time? Anyway, he seemed OK with waiting and neither of us brought it up again. I forgot until later and he must have too. It won't be long before that comes up again. Eeek.

Who knew that the Transformers would be educational AND fun??