Monday

Weddings, food, and cleaning

Let's do a little catching up from the weekend, shall we? My Friday night was typical of late--tax class then home and to bed. I woke up at my normal 6:00 a.m. on Saturday to get ready for Spanish class and do a little pre-test studying. I lost track of time and found myself hauling ass to get to class to take the test which I was studying for...only 5 minutes late and I just made it for the oral portion to start. Whew!

Saturday after class I packed up a bunch of wedding stuff and headed to meet with NY Bride and a couple of other bridesmaids. We were going to the Alfred Angelo store in BH to try on dresses and help her come to a decision on which one to choose. Getting there was hell. I ran into traffic and that blows on a Saturday afternoon. You don't want to deal with traffic on a Saturday. Then when I got to the store, parking was a bitch. Seriously crappy. I finally made it there (25 minutes late for our appointment) to find that I was not the only one who ran into trouble. K was stuck in traffic and lost. Fun.

Anyway, we tried on some dresses and I think she found the one she liked. We'll be wearing the strapless dress you see in all red, but it will be in burnt orange for the wedding. The other dresses were contenders.



After the dress affair we headed out to PF Chang's for an early dinner and more wedding talk. NY Bride is currently completing her residency as a surgical tech and will be extremely busy for the next 6 months. Her bridesmaids on the West Coast are all pulling together to try and help her get things done and it was time to strategize. I'm making the invitations for her and one of the other girls is getting a great discount on supplies for invitations, place cards, and other paper goods. The matron of honor is taking care of a bunch of other stuff too. I think we'll be able to get our bride down the aisle smoothly. Go team Cali!!

Sunday morning I woke up feeling like I'd slept for to0 long only to find that it was a little after 8 a.m. Gotta love that time change. :) I had plenty of time to relax, do a little reading, and get ready for brunch with some fellow bloggers. This required another trip towards L.A. that included traffic and craptastic parking situations. For the record, I hate one way streets. Anyway, enough of that. I had a great brunch and got to meet some fellow, previously unknown bloggers. I sat across from Kay and really had a great time talking to her. Of course, I forgot my camera so you'll have to visit the blogs of others for visual detail...the monkey, Kay, and t.b.d.

The rest of my Sunday was filled with football and cleaning. I finally put together my tupperware holder (it spins! Wheeee!) and organized that shelf that always bugs the crap out of me. I also cleaned out and organized the pantry. Good lawd it feels good to have that done! I didn't realize how many freakin' grocery bags we'd stockpiled in that little closet area. And I was finally able to fit the toaster, mini food processor, George Foreman, and rice cooker in the pantry and take it off my counter tops. Nice. All in all, it was quite and accomplishing weekend.



OH! And more wedding news! My sister called me Sunday to tell me that her and her boyfriend are now official and engaged. :) They've set the date for January 2009 and she's asked me to be her Matron of Honor. Wow! I didn't expect that. My sister and I have a history of not getting along well and it never occured to me that I'd even be included as a bridesmaid. Especially after my wedding... Anyway, of course I accepted and felt honored that's she'd even asked me. So now I've got another wedding to look forward to. I'm in party planning heaven right now. :)

9 comments:

Julie Q said...

Congrats on being the Matron of Honor!! And I agree- those strapless dresses look awesome on you both :)

weezermonkey said...

The strapless dress is easily the best. Lucky! :)

dapotato said...

you're such an awesome bridesmaid. psst. i have pics of tiara cafe up, too. ;)

amber said...

you are looking quite svelte there m'dear. all of those dresses looked great on you!

yay for wedding planning and double-yay for cleaning and organizing. feels so good to get stuff like that done!

Winnie said...

The dress is cute! And yay for organizing -- please stop by my place soon. Thanks.

Nanette said...

*Gasp!* That strapless dress looks fab on you!

Anonymous said...

I just read this whole blog eating slices of cheddar cheese. (I just had oatmeal @ 9) Temptation sucks, what's will power??

You look hottie hottie in those dresses! On fire!

alyssa said...

Those bridesmaid dresses are beautiful and you look hot in all 3 :)

wan said...

you do look quite fabulous, dahling. and yay for your sister!