Thursday

A very merry un-Halloween to you

Happy belated Halloween everyone! I hope you all had trickety-treaty fun yesterday. Even though our family RSVP'd "No" to Halloween, I still had a chance to see some of my favorite little people dress up and get excited for the day. That was cool. For the last 3 years we've gone over to Nina's house to trick or treat in their neighborhood with the kids. It's fun to watch them go from house to house and get all excited to knock on doors. This year it was still fun to see them get ready and head out, but I went home instead of hitting the streets with the rest of them. Bummer. I forgot my camera at home, but when I get the pictures that were taken I'll share them. The little ones looked super cute.

I had purchased little goodies to pass out in Lil' Man's class for the holiday. Obviously that wasn't going to work out anymore so I decided to still put them together and pass them out to trick or treaters. I had 40 of them so I took some over to Nina's house after work so I could deliver the special ones I made for her kids and the others to pass out. They get a butt load of people that come by so I figured they would get put to good use that way. I didn't know what to expect at my house so I kept a few to pass out just in case. I don't know how Nina did with the bags, but I still have all 15 of mine. Not.one.trick.or.treater. Fek. Now I have all that candy, some spider, bat, and skull rings, colored vampire teeth, and Halloween themed pencils to deal with. I'm not all that sad about the extra candy, but I will have to be careful of the extra calories that come with eating it. ;)

Oh, and a piece of really good news I got yesterday...I got a score of 93% on part one of my tax class final! Yippeee! I was pretty nervous about it and Hubbs said he could see it on my face when I called in for my results. I'm not a great test taker and for some reason I tend to blank out on stuff I know when it comes to things like this. Thankfully I didn't have too much mush brain on Monday and I pulled through. Now I just have part two to get through on the 14th and I'm all set. What a relief!

Confession: my competitive inner child was a wee bit jealous that there was at least one person who scored higher than me even though I did well. She got a 98% and scored highest in the class. It's on for part two.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Go get her! Score a hundred and put her in her place! LOL I'm rooting for you : )

amber said...

i'm glad you got to at least have a little halloween fun. you deserved it. :)

and a huge YAY for rocking part one of your test!!

Winnie said...

It's ok, I would have felt the same way. Bring it on!

dapotato said...

nice job on the test! send some of that dust my way on saturday, please!

[shoveling leftover h candy in my mouf.]

wan said...

way to go on that test!

and, i'd take some of those halloween treats off your hands, but i have gobs of the stuff too. we had maybe 10 trick-or-treaters. boo.