~Something funny I saw while in Vegas for Speedy McBridey's wedding a couple weeks ago. I'm no grammar natzi, but I'm pretty sure this is wrong. Shouldn't it be "more quickly"? You grammar pros can tell me if I'm right or not. And how can I be ready with my order before I've reached the menu? Pretty presumptuous to assume I eat at Mc Donald's so often that I will have memorized everything and know what I want immediately. Even if I pretty much did. ;)
~Sunday is Mother's Day and it looks like I'm going to be an asshole again this year with no present for my Mom. I got her a card and we've all signed it, but still. I kind of think she deserves more. Problem is I have no idea what to get for her and I feel kind of like she deserves something. Maybe I'll invite her over for brunch in the morning? Maybe a GC to one of the gross restaurants she likes to go to? I really want her to take better care of herself so I hesitate to aid her visits to Hometown Buffet (ew). I guess a card is better than nothing. *shrug*
~I ran across this cooking class while perusing L.A. eateries (thanks Monkey!). Looks interesting. It's something I might like to do this summer just for shits and giggles. I went to a Hip Cooks class with some fellow SFAMs and really enjoyed it so why not? This one is a bit pricier though...maybe another round of Hip Cooks? We'll see.
13 comments:
I read your first point incorrectly at first and thought you said that SBUX was getting rid of sugar free syrups. I almost had a heart attack.
Good luck with giving it up. I thought I had, but turns out it was only for 6 days because I was sick. I am right back into my addiction, full swing. :(
-Starbucks is in trouble.
-"More quickly" sounds better to me too.
-Don't get your mom "Hometown Buffet." Just don't, because you love her.
It should indeed be "more quickly." An adverb is needed to modify the verb.
Another thing that irks me -- "less calories." ARGH. Fewer calories, people. FEWER.
i thought the skinny mocha was just the cafe mocha with nonfat milk, and perhaps sugar-free mocha syrup. am i wrong?
when mcdonald's can have my order ready as soon as i get to the window, i'll be sure to have my payment ready too.
hometown buffet is so gross, i can't even type it without gagging.
hipcooks - fun! i hope to go again so i can actually eat what i cook this time.
I just love places that try to tell you what to do as a consumer - Not. I'm thinking using quickly would be a lot less commanding than quicker, but still, Seems a foregone conclusion that you know how to use a drive through. Crazy!
Beamer
- Wait, are they getting rid of the skinny vanilla latte too? Or just the skinny mocha? TELL ME!!!
- A card is better than nothing. That's all we did for our moms this year too.
- I almost took my hubster to that cooking class for his birthday. The timing didn't quite work out though. I'm interested to hear how it turns out.
silly starbucks :(
i hear ya on the not aiding the unhealthy eating stuff. but, sometimes it's hard to do.
that cooking class looks fun. really fun! let me know if you want company ;)
eww to hometown buffet! Don't do it!
Starbucks does indeed listen when you write letters. One time, I wrote them a scathing email about an employee who had licked her fingers and then prepared my drink, and they sent me a gift card! Lovely!
If you ever want a cooking class buddy count me in!
Which reminds me - I need to sign up for the knife class....
that class does sound fun!
boo to the bux and mickyd's.
I love that you critique signs, too. It drives Josh crazy. :)
I say you give up expensive ass SB and start drinking sugar-free hot chocolate. You could maybe even go to SB and buy some of their cups and lids to drink your bootleg drink out of if it makes you feel better. Also, I must be a dummy bc I actually think the sign grammar is right. Also, hoooooray for finding at least one other person in this world that also likes dirty ass Hometown Buffet!
Post a Comment