There are two times in the year when things get really, really busy for me. The first is the time of year known as The Holiday Season. The Holiday Season is busy for most people in general as it's a time to shop, eat, spend time with family and friends, and let your jolly inside elf show him or herself. Even the bah-humbugs make the season complete. Yes, I'm talking to you Hubbs. ;)The second season for me is Summer Season. Summer Season is when the majority of my family and friends have birthdays, celebrate graduations, and get married. It seems that over the last couple of years my summer months have been slightly insane with things like this. I know I'm in that age range where stuff like getting married, bridal showers, having babies, and attending graduations (for the younger friends, family, or group stragglers) is going to happen a lot so I'm prepared for that. It'll fizzle out after a few years and we'll move into to the kids' birthday parties phase, but for now it's weddings and such. Hubbs would love it if I had fewer friends so there'd be fewer events, but he's not so lucky there. (Sorry babe!) Now that we're married there are the additions of his familys' birthdays on top of all the other stuff too... Needless to say summer is busy and expensive for us.
Tomorrow may officially kick off our Summer Season...although the two bridal showers, bachelorette parties, and wedding over the last month and a half was probably the warm up...and it's not even officially summer yet! Saturday morning we are attending the graduation party for one of my best friend's niece. She's graduating from USC (don't hate!) and her family is having a brunch to celebrate.*I still can't believe I can remember her when she was playing with dolls and running around in the back yard. Now she comes to parties with us, drinks, has boyfriends, and is going to be a college graduate. Wow.*
After brunch we are heading out to celebrate the First Communion of a framily (friend+family) member. She is one of the cousins in Nina's family--Nina and her sister are my oldest friends-- and I've pretty much grown up with them over the years. I get included in the "cousin" photos so they're sort of my cousins too. By osmosis I guess. :) Anyway, she's planning this big party for her daughter and we're going to be there. It's my first First Communion so I don't know what to expect, but I'm sure it'll be fun. We're skipping the 3 hour long church part, due to the graduation brunch, so I'm sure it'll a little more fun than it would have. ;)
Somewhere in my weekend I'm trying to squeeze in some time with a friend who's in town from Arizona for a couple of days as well as making some final preparations for a party I'm helping to throw the following Saturday night. I've got a meeting on Sunday about some business stuff and I need to spend some family time...oh boy. I can't believe it's Friday and my weekend is already spent. Kinda like my damned paychecks. :/
But I love my peeps and I am a veritable social butterfly so I'll be more than OK. You should
probably feel sorry for my boys though. They would much rather be at home in their boxers watching a game (yes, Lil Man has taken to wearing boxers around the house like Hubbs now. They are quite the half naked pair) or Lil Man reading a book while listening to music while Hubbs flips through his plethora of Direct TV sports channels. Instead they'll be by my side on Saturday grinning and bearing it all the while wondering "Is it time to go yet?". Oh well, at least they won't have to go anywhere on Sunday. *shrug*
8 comments:
really, why is it that summer gets so busy? have a good weekend, and i hope the guys don't get too grumpy on you.
the guys i've lived with like to do that, too. luckily, the one i wasn't related to or married to was an exception to the rule. he would at least wear basketball shorts over his boxers when i was home.
Wow, sounds intense! I feel like my weekends lately have also been crazy. I just want to be lazy on the weekends! Ahhh, the good ol' days :)
Wow, that's one busy weekend. Have a good one!
Your summer season makes mine look like summer vacation! I only have 2 birthdays, 1 going away party, 1 bridal shower, 1 bachelorette party, and 2 weddings!
I guarantee that even though having less friends would be cheaper and less tiring, it wouldn't be half as awesome as living the life you do. At least you seem to have part of Sunday to relax! Hope you enjoyed your weekend R!
Ahhh i totally agree with you! Summer season is expensive and busy! And something tells me its not going to slow down anytime soon considering i was the first out of my friends to get married. no graduations this year though! don't you wish a justice of the peace could give a graduation ceremony in 15 minutes? lol
busy indeed! but it all sounds like fun stuff :) i'm cracking up at the picture of your boys ideal weekend if you weren't dragging them out to gtgs. too funny!
you already know from reading my blog how ridiculously busy our weekends already are. and it's not even officially summer yet!
it's lots of fun, though, isn't it?
Post a Comment