*It's a long one. Be ready*
I left off the weekend recap in a tired flop into bed after Saturday night's party. On Sunday I got to sleep in a little (8:00 ish) even though Hubbs got up early to ride the stationary bike in the living room. I heard the tell tale whirring of the wheel on the trainer but decided to stick it out in bed. It was nice to lounge a little and watch HGTV after waking up.
While we stood in line waiting for our tickets to print up Lil Man was targeted with marketing that was obviously successful. He's requested that we see WALL-E next. Nice job Disney.
After the movie adventure was over we went home and had dinner together. Simple but nice day followed by a simple but nice dinner with the fam.
I left off the weekend recap in a tired flop into bed after Saturday night's party. On Sunday I got to sleep in a little (8:00 ish) even though Hubbs got up early to ride the stationary bike in the living room. I heard the tell tale whirring of the wheel on the trainer but decided to stick it out in bed. It was nice to lounge a little and watch HGTV after waking up.
That didn't last too long because then it was time to get up and shower for my date with Lil Man. A month or so ago I purchased tickets for us to see Prince Caspian at the El Capitan Theater. I did this back when Pirates of the Caribbean 3 came out and we had a fun time. I knew Lil Man wanted to see this movie too so I thought "why not?" and went for it. I even sprung for the VIP tickets to heighten the experience. We hopped on the Metro and headed into to Hollywood for our one-on-one time.
While we stood in line waiting for our tickets to print up Lil Man was targeted with marketing that was obviously successful. He's requested that we see WALL-E next. Nice job Disney.
Lil Man enjoyed the movie very much and I liked it. It wasn't as good as the first one, but we still enjoyed ourselves. After the movie was over we were herded into a little museum-like display of some of the set pieces and costumes used in the film. I always wonder if they are really used in the movies or if it's just part of a gimmick. Regardless, it was kind of cool and we had a good time walking through the little display. Lil Man wanted me to take pictures so we could show Hubbs when we got home. The first picture is of Peter's battle armor and was his favorite.
And of course Disney succeeded with one last attempt to soak up the money from my wallet by letting the movie patrons out through the Disney store and right into Narnia merchandise. Disney won again. That's OK. The smile and Lil Man's excitement was worth it. Plus he had to so some chores before he could play with it so I wasn't a total waste of Mom space.After the movie adventure was over we went home and had dinner together. Simple but nice day followed by a simple but nice dinner with the fam.
Back on Friday when I was hanging out with my friends at the graduation and party the conversation turned to weekend plans. They asked what I was doing on Sunday and I told them about the movie. I had nothing planned for the evening so they invited me to join them that night. They were headed to Deep which is a house club they visit from time to time. Now, back in my single days I used to join them often to late night clubs and after hour parties like this. (Of course only when a sitter permitted and I had time to sleep afterwards. I was still a responsible mother.) Since I've gotten married the invitations to join them for any activities of this sort have waned. I believe the sentence that was uttered was "I know your Deep days are over".
Let me turn your attention to the title of my blog for a moment, friends. Married Not Buried. It can be applied in several situations and this is definitely one of them. I did not die when I got married. Being married doesn't mean that I don't like to do the things I did prior to "I do". Being married also doesn't mean that I can't 'hang' like I used to--implying that my husband will not allow me to spend time with my friends or that I'm not physically able to for some reason. (If we're speaking truthfully age, not marriage, has handled that nicely).
They don't inject you with some secret syrum that prevents you from enjoying life when you walk out of the ceremony and before your grand entrance to the reception. Some of my friends must think this is what happens once you decide to don the ivory or white dress and wear the tell tale bling on your left hand. When you marry your former self does not become extinct...unless you want it to.
They don't inject you with some secret syrum that prevents you from enjoying life when you walk out of the ceremony and before your grand entrance to the reception. Some of my friends must think this is what happens once you decide to don the ivory or white dress and wear the tell tale bling on your left hand. When you marry your former self does not become extinct...unless you want it to.
I will admit that as I get older I enjoy different things than I did when I was in my early twenties. I also don't go out as often as I did back then. That's the natural evolution of aging, I think. I am, however, still completely capable of doing things I like. I felt like I was being challenged with that statement on Friday. I felt like I had been written off as a Married Woman who could not or would not still be the me they knew and loved.
So many people lose a bit of themselves when they get married, but I have not. I am still the me that likes to go out dancing once in a while to too loud music that you can feel on your skin. I still have fun hanging out with my friends to the wee hours of the morning and laughing at the girl near by in the cheetah outfit. My Deep days are, in fact, not over TYVM.


And there really was a cheetah girl. Rowwrrr...

So many people lose a bit of themselves when they get married, but I have not. I am still the me that likes to go out dancing once in a while to too loud music that you can feel on your skin. I still have fun hanging out with my friends to the wee hours of the morning and laughing at the girl near by in the cheetah outfit. My Deep days are, in fact, not over TYVM.
And there really was a cheetah girl. Rowwrrr...
So I hung and I danced. I lasted to somewhere around 3:30 which is when the rest of the group decided to call it quits for the night. I'd say I proved, at least a little, that I still have it. ;) Luckily I have an awesome, understanding husband that gets me and leaves room in our lives for times like Sunday night. I really love Hubbs for that and so many other reasons.
I slept in on Monday morning to catch up from Friday's early rise, Saturday's late night, and Sunday's In-Your-Face outing. The rest of the day was lazy pajamas day and dinner picked up from a local BBQ joint. Perfect ending to a great weekend.
I slept in on Monday morning to catch up from Friday's early rise, Saturday's late night, and Sunday's In-Your-Face outing. The rest of the day was lazy pajamas day and dinner picked up from a local BBQ joint. Perfect ending to a great weekend.
11 comments:
Aww, fun day with li'l man!
wow to the cheetah outfit.
li'l man is too cute with his narnia action figure.
I can't even remember the last time I stayed out til 3:30 AM :) Rock on!
I am immune to Disney marketing. The hubs asked me this weekend if I wanted to see Wall-E to which I replied (while skipping...I skip a lot on weekends) "No way, there's no princess in it!"
And thanks for reminding me to go get my secret marriage serum. I am SO due!
Wow you are awesome. I couldn't last until 3:30am ever!
okay, the teen would SO dig that cheetah getup. not even kidding. :X
i love the date with li'l man! the teen and i have done shows at the el capitan before and loved it. you know my ass is a sucker for disney ish.
I agree that it is very important to not lose sight of who you are after marriage. I think a lot of marital problems are caused by people changing because they fall into a rut, thereby leaving their spouse to wonder what happened to the person they fell in love with. Then again, I have been married less than three months so I don't know jack abot jack, LOL. Glad you had a fun weekend.
I agree that it is very important to not lose sight of who you are after marriage. I think a lot of marital problems are caused by people changing because they fall into a rut, thereby leaving their spouse to wonder what happened to the person they fell in love with. Then again, I have been married less than three months so I don't know jack abot jack, LOL. Glad you had a fun weekend.
disney has the marketing down pat, dude. i think it's even worse at disneyland itself.
i agree, getting married does not suddenly mean you lose yourself. nicely stated m'dear. looks like a really fun weekend!
I love the pic of Lil' Man with his new toy! Such a cutie!
I hope you never stop putting pictures up of LM! On another note - 330am - you are insane!
Post a Comment