I had a very full weekend. It was a pretty great weekend and I'm wishing I could hold on to the specialness of it for a little longer. Oh well...Monday has come and erased the days but I'll smile on the inside for a little longer. :)
I don't have pictures because 1) I barely took any and 2) my USB doesn't seem to be connecting with my camera to upload the few I did take. Let's hope this situation is only temporary.
Saturday night Hubbs and I had a date. We had dinner at Liberty Grill which was yummy and comforting. After dinner we headed over to the Ahmanson to pick up tickets for our show. The show was called Freakin' Sweet! featuring Alex Borstein and Seth MacFarlane. Janeane Garofalo did a short stand up routine for the opening act. We had a really great time and the show was pretty funny. There were a couple of laugh out loud moments that were great and overall we had a really great time. Later that night Hubbs gave me a very sweet Mother's Day card. Awwww....
To celebrate Mother's Day for my Mom I decided to invite her over to the house for brunch. My Mom and I don't spend a lot of time together and she rarely ever lets me cook for her. I was happy when she accepted the invitation and got busy preparing the menu with things she'd like. Here's what I made (with some help from Lil Man):
-Virgin Bloody Marys from scratch (Mom doesn't drink)
-Fresh fruit arranged in a bowl made from an orange (I bit this idea of the bowl from tater)
-Blueberry Lemon muffins (from my Cooking Light recipe book I received for Christmas)
-Stuffed mushrooms (also from Cooking Light...thanks Amber!)
-Spinach and feta omelet with sun dried tomatoes and roasted pine nuts (my own concoction)
-Sausage
-Orange Juice
I'm happy to say that everything (mostly) turned out great and we were all stuffed.
After the brunch, Lil Man and I headed out to see Speed Racer. We had fun and he enjoyed the movie very much. I know the reviews aren't that great, but we were entertained. The movie is supposed to be over the top and a wee bit ridiculous--just like the show was. Spritle was annoying to me, but he always was when I watched the cartoon too. It was visually entertaining with all the bright colors and mesh of cartoon with real life people. Plus my boyfriend Matthew Fox was in it so I was a happy girl. ;) I didn't go into it with too many expectations...just wanted to spend time with the boy so mission accomplished!
It was a great day and one of my best Mother's Days to date.
9 comments:
Ahem, excuse me but Matthew Fox is my boyfriend.
That's one delicious feast you made on mother's day :) Sounds like a great time.
Please stop distracting Matthew. He still has to save the people on the island.
Aw, that sounds like a sweet Mother's Day weekend! I'm so happy you and the hubs had a nice time at the show. And your brunch sounds divine!
You are a good mama to sit through Speed Racer for lil' man. Lucky guy :)
what a great mother's day weekend. :)
I'm glad you had a great mother's day weekend with Lil Man and your mom. That menu sounds so good right now too.
that omelette sounds YUM!
happy belated mother's day;)
The brunch sounds positively fab! You can cook for me anytime. But I do have one question....isn't a virgin bloody mary just tomato juice ;-)
sounds like a fun wkend. Your mom must've been really impressed w/ the food cuz I sure am. Yum.
That menu sounds amazing!
i'm so late, but you sure had one fun mother's day weekend! yay for brunches and cards and dates and movies!
Post a Comment