Guess what I'm doing today? I've got a job interview! And guess what else...I'm getting sick! Perfect timing huh? I have that stuffy head, can't really hear thing going on along with an occasional cough and sneeze. My throat is dry and scratchy and all I want to do is lay my head down on this desk and take a nap.I popped an Aleve Cold and Sinus instead and plan to save up all my energy for the interview. I have to be charming and sharp. Teachable yet confident. I have my professional clothes in the car so I can change later and I plan to rock their socks. Now let's hope that my body and mind cooperate. It's just a little cold. I can conquer that. No problem.
What's the job? Well, it's tax prep related. I can work seasonally and hone my tax skills while possibly continuing on in the profession. It's sort of a tester to see if I like it and if I can make any money at it. It'll also help me practically apply the information and tax rules that I now have floating around in my head. Use it or lose it. And hopefully I'll make some scratch on the side in the mean time. ;) Perfect since I'll be in two out of town weddings next year AND we want to take a vacation to New York for a week. Wish me luck!By the way, I scored a 95% on my final. Yay! The Other Girl scored a 96%. Grrr....
Here are my five:
1) I'm alive. Really, that's a good thing because there is a lot I still want to do in this lifetime.
2) I have awesome friends to make me laugh even when I don't really want to. You have no idea how much this matters.

3) I actually fell in love with a man who will love me through good and bad, skinny or fat, grumpy or full of sunshine, richer or poorer, and all the other ups and downs of life. And I want to do the same for him. I never thought I would or could fall in love like that, so just that part is amazing.
4) I may be broke in dollars, but I have a richness in life that can not be deposited to a bank account. And at the end of this life, that is what is going to matter.
5) I get to eat like a complete freaking pig tomorrow without guilt or judgment. I think Thanksgiving might be one of the best holidays ever invented because it revolves around eating, drinking, and hanging out with people that matter to you. The only thing that might make it better is if it were a week-long holiday instead of only one day.
Do you have your list of Things To Be Thankful For? Well, what are you waiting for? Make one!
7 comments:
amen to #5! i will probably make a list tomorrow.
I hope your interview went well! And have a fabulous Thanksgiving!
Don't worry, i was sick during my last job interview, but i got the job. You'll be super!
And Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!
I hope your interview went well. Happy Thanksgiving!
hope the interview went well! happy thanksgiving dear :)
Congrats on your test and sending you lucky vibes for the interview! Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!
i meant to make a list, i swear. maybe next year :)
yay for the 95% on the exam! eff that 96% ho.
Post a Comment