Monday

Another please!

Where to begin? This was a very busy weekend. I'm actually more tired after the weekend than I was before it started. How does that happen?

~Saturday I woke up around 8:30 or 9 and grabbed a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios. I got ready soon after to head out to the dress shop near my house. I needed to order the dress for NY Bride's wedding. I got measured pretty quickly. (I have to get back to working out regularly!) 15 minutes and $204.59 later I was out the door and headed to the next stop.

The rest of Saturday consisted of planning for Speedy McBridey's bridal shower and bachelorette party with the other bridesmaids. We met at 12 and drove out to the bridal shower spot. After all the planning was done, I was finally headed back home around 4:30 p.m. Then it was dinner with Hubbs at Stonefire Grill and off to Torrance for a birthday party at Lucky Strike.

*Dinner summary* The food was good. We did not like the rush-rush feel of the seating and the food park style ordering. We both thought it was a sit-down restaurant so we weren't expecting this set-up. We'd eat there again, but maybe for take-out instead. If we decided to eat inside again, we'd definitely NOT sit next to the door. It's very uncomfortable to sit and eat your meal with other patrons' backs and asses pointed in your direction as they stand in line to order their food.

~Sunday started early as well. Lil' Man has a volcano project due on Friday the first so I made sure to get up and help him get it finished. Now when I say "help him" I don't mean do it for him. I'm more of a facilitator when it comes to his projects. He tells me what he wants to do with it and I guide him in how to get it done. I will not do the work for him because then he's not really learning. I super hate when I walk into a class room full of student projects and see the one or two that are just too perfect. That irks me because you know those parents did the work and it feels like an unfair advantage. Not cool.

After that I headed to work at Tax Job and was there until about 6:00 p.m. I headed home to have dinner with the family and finally relax a little. Well dinner was accomplished, but not so much on the relaxing. Lil' Man still had some touching up to do on the volcano model. I helped him figure out how to make his little flags to label the parts of the volcano as well as the little houses and supermarket he built. He was so proud of his work and how it came out. That made me really, really happy.



He decided he wanted to show the whole volcano on one side complete with buildings, grass, and (eventually) ash coming out of the top. On the other side he's showing what the volcano would look like if it were cut in half. The last picture is an aerial view and you can see his little flags to mark the buildings. Cute!

So, it's no wonder I feel a little wiped out today. It didn't help that I wasn't feeling well and woke up several times during the night with some stomach pain. I'm better now, but tired for sure. I need another weekend and I need it start tomorrow.

5 comments:

weezermonkey said...

The volcano project reminds me of when we had to build California missions. I'd done mine all by myself and was really proud of it, only to discover mine looked like ass compared to all the other kids' missions, which had been built predominantly by their parents. Ugh.

wan said...

boo to the wack ass "restaurant." heh. at least the food was good, though!

it is so.damn.hard for me not to do the kid's stuff for her when she's stumped. it kills me. but i'm with you - i resist the urge because she has to learn it on her own.

fun weekend!

Jen said...

Sounds like a busy weekend!! Glad the bridal shower was fun!

That Girl said...

PLEASE tell me that after the project is over the volcano will be filled with baking soda and vinegar!

Nanette said...

Great job, Kid! That's great you didn't do it for him. I'm still bitter about the girl whose parents built her replica of the Golden Gate Bridge for one of our class projects. :/