Thursday

Project BM

As promised I'm going to share with you the latest projects I've got under my sleeve for NY Bride's wedding. The are pretty simple but time consuming. I will have help from other bridesmaids (BMs) assembling these babies though so it should go quickly.

First up--wine charms. Because NY Bride, as well as 3 other BMs and a good chunk of the guest list, will have to fly in for the pre-wedding festivities we're going to have the shower and bachelorette on the same day. During the evening bachelorette portion we are going to have dinner together at the Matron of Honor's (MOH's) house.

Our favors for this part of the night are going to be wine glasses and wine charms. Since wine charms are pretty freakin' expensive and I dig being crafty, I decided to try and make them on my own to cut costs. I think they came out OK. What do you think?



Each girl will get 4 charms, one of which will have her name on a mini tag and one will have a little wine bottle, or some other cute charm, on it. The remaining two will just be beaded. It cost me $9 to buy the materials for these and I figure I can get about 12 (maybe more) charms out of it all. That breaks down to about $0.75 per charm and I was finding these babies on-line for roughly $15 to get 6. I like!

The other project is still in the works. I will show you the before and when I've got it all done, I'll show you the after.

Hmm...what could I be doing with these?? You'll see. ;)

We've got a lot planned for this day. It includes the tea party shower in the day and a two part bachelorette party in the evening. The details will unfold as time passes, but that's it for now. I've got to go get ready for work!

11 comments:

Nanette said...

Super cute, crafty lady!

Jen said...

Very cute!

amber said...

the charms are super cute! and you can actually customize them to the colors of the event -- awesome!! :)

That Girl said...

Your wine charms look awesome!

Yahpee said...

I'm playing MOH for my friends wedding so I might be stealing some of your ideas..

Can't wait to see more!

wan said...

those are adorable. nice job!

dapotato said...

not bad! i received a favor like this once, and it ended up very cute. of course the wine glass had some edibles in it...

Mrs. Case said...

The charms are beuatiful and even better because they were made with love. My girls threw me a great shower a few months ago and my favors were cookie cutters with a recipe attached to the bag for my favorite cookies (cream cheese chocolate chip). I am a HUGE sweets junkie so having a personal favor was great.

Winnie said...

They're cute! And you're one super bridesmaid :)

Julie Q said...

love the wine charms! I still have mine from a 4th of July cookout like 3 years ago.. they totally jazz up a wine glass for parties :)

gee said...

Those are really cute.