Rain in California = too much traffic and an irritated R. It took me TWO HOURS to drive to Tax Job tonight. TWO HOURS! Seriously people, it is not OK to drive 30 miles an hour on the freeway just because it's raining. I'd understand if there was an accident or maybe rubber cement spilled onto all 4 lanes of the freeway or something, but water? WATER?!?! Grrr...
After spending two hours on the road and needing to get out in the rain to pump gas, I only spent 1 hour and 45 minutes in the office. It was dead so the boss decided to close up early. I spent more time driving to work than I spent there actually working. Grrr....At least if I'm going to be home early I can catch up on some TiVo, right? That will be nice. I have a couple of Project Runways on hold as well as some other things to watch. That'll be a good way to unwind. Nope. Not so much. Looks like our TiVo was acting up and we have to wait for a software upload to happen overnight before we can use the damned thing. Grrr....
That's it for me. I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner (because I forgot to bring a spoon with me so that I could eat my Healthy Choice soup earlier while at Tax Job...grrr...) and I'm out. I'm going to bed. Tomorrow night will be better.
11 comments:
Sorry about your crappy travels. :(
No kidding :X Rain + drive = frustration
hope tomorrow is better. blergh.
i hear ya! i don't understand how everyone loses their damn mind when it rains. come on people, get it together!!
I want to kill myself when I have to drive in the rain. I hate it the most when it starts when I'm already on the road which serves as an instant cue to every other car to slam on their brakes as hard as possible. Really? Are you trying to avoid the drop in front of you?
as always, food and t.v. to the rescue!
i road rage in the worst way when it rains. people don't realize that all you have to do is slow down a bit, and all is well. no, they have to be ricky racer through the rain, cause accidents, and wreak havoc.
idiots. i'm getting all worked up here.
I dig the cartoon =) totally made me smile.
Yes tomorrow shall indeed be a better day.
Ok, next time you have peanut butter and jelly, try mixing them both into a bowl, and eating it with crackers.
*warning* the visual-ness of the combo will not be enticing, but it will taste good (my comfort food).
Ok... o, and I'm sorry about your travels, I was knee deep in it yesterday too!
ouch I think it should be illegal to have your commute time be greater than your hours spent at the office. at least it wasn't snow though!! :)
I've so missed reading your regular blogging :) For me, it's been really weird -- my drive is just as long or shorter with all the rain. I'm sending some of my good luck vibes your way.
BTW, I'm still amazed at how you balance everything. You're pretty kick ass.
Driving in the rain in CA sucks. Glad you at least made it home safely!
Post a Comment