That was a funny story I heard about a little kid today while at the blog party brunch. She was playing with her cousins and proclaimed to her mom that they were outside playing "Secret Asians". Obviously Mom asked her what she was talking about. To this she innocently replied, "You know, like spies?". Kids are funny.


Secret Asian is also apparently what I am when I smile for pictures. I really have to work on opening my eyes more when I smile.
I attended a blog party organized by our friendly Monkey at John O'Groats Restaurant today. I finally got to meet Alyssa and Aline as well as a couple of lurkers (I know you're out there! ;) Hee hee) and Lesroy. It was a fun time filled with lots of food, talking, and laughs. Kate and Nanette brought snacks (so good!) and Alyssa brought a Polaroid camera. We had a good time posing for those shots. What a fun idea! Here are my photos of the morning.
Mmmm...biscuits...before and after...
Mmmm...biscuits...before and after...
Candid group shots. Sorry ladies!
An outing with bloggers would not be complete without multiple people taking photos. Of everything.
Food! Other peoples and mine. Nanette dubbed my meal "crab cake smileys" after I added the face. I love that girl. :) The mini mocha cupcake is courtesy of Kate.

And finally, our group picture. How perfect is that Breakfast sign? Love it! Good times ladies. Thanks for making my Sunday a fun day. ;)
*side note*
I know the Chargers lost this afternoon, but I still have the fondness of food and friends to carry me through the sadness. I'll be watching next season!

11 comments:
Your meal looked so good! I must admit -- I think the parking lot was the best part of brunch. :)
*tear*
glad you had fun, though!
I'm a Chargers fan too and am sad they lost too. They did well against the Patriots. Hopefully next year will be their year. Are you from San Diego?
I'm jealous you were smart enough to get a picture of the delisious bisquits. Me not so much. But seeing them again reminds me of their buttery goodness.
Hahaha I love the pictures :) And look! The Asian monkey's eyes look bigger than yours in the photo!
parking lot! parking lot! it was so great to see you, as always :)
and, i'm dying at "secret asians."
I was so sad I didn't get a chance to talk to you! Your food looked really cute...and the "Secret Asians" story is hiiiiiiiilarious.
I puffy <3 you, too, my dear! And I love your smile. :)
i'm sad for your team, but happy for my boyfriend ;)
aren't those biscuits just fabulous? we love that place so so much!
and i have the same eye issue as you in pics. it's almost impressive (in a very sad way.)
I am YET to blog about this.. what a slacker.
I look 11 years old in all those pictures =/
So glad we finally got to meet! I gotta get that picture from Claire of you and me =)
Looks like fun!! Sad I missed it!
Post a Comment