Monday

Good news, bad news

It's funny, whenever someone tells me they've got good news and bad news it's followed by the question, "Which do you want first?". I don't know about you, but I ALWAYS ask for the bad news first. I guess it makes me feel better to hear the positive at the end. Then again, that's all relative to how bad the bad news is. Well, I've got a little of both. And I'm going to give it to you like I like it given. (That's what she said!)

Bad news: Aunt Flo is here. I've got a head ache that could floor a bear and an upset tummy thanks to her visit.
Good news: Aunt Flo is here!! Yippee and Yay!!!

Bad news: Tax Job is making me tired. I worked about 62 hours last week between the two jobs and it's going to take a toll eventually. I know it's not as bad ass as my lawyer pals have put up with in their careers, but it's a change for me.
Good news: The bank account for our trip to New York and to pay for the weddings I'm going to be in this year is growing. :) I'm also learning more about taxes.

Bad news
: I am not going to take Spanish 2 like I had wanted. It would take too much time. And to be honest, I don't want to half ass the class. If I don't have a lot of time for studying, class, and homework then I won't do as well as I would otherwise.
Good news: Not taking the class will give me more (possible) free time for a little bit of a social life. It'll be nice to spend time with my family and friends.

Bad news: We are not moving anymore.
Good news: We had a long, grown-up conversation (complete with pros and cons lists) and decided to stay where we are for at least another 12 months. Doing so would help us save money over the long term. We developed an action plan that should help us pay off a portion of our debt by the end of our one year period of time, and we both agreed that doing that would make staying here a little longer more worth it.

I won't lie, we were both excited about moving. So in light of that, we've decided to rearrange our furniture and do a little (inexpensive) decorating to make it feel new. Since we've made a deal and conscious effort to reduce expenses throughout the year to make this a reality for us, the redecorating will have to be very inexpensive, but it'll feel good to switch things up. Even if it is in the same abode.

I think that will wrap it up for me folks. Hope your week is off to a great start!

11 comments:

10yearstogether said...

This is why I meed to keep up om my blog readimg! I had mo clue you were thimkimg about movimg - to where? I thimk the good mews outweighs the bad here, btw, but sorry you are workimg so much lately :-/

dapotato said...

you sound so grown up! ;)

really, glad the good news seems to be outweighing the bad.

amber said...

grown up conversations are oh so fun [catch the sarcasm, hmmm.] i'm glad you guys have an action plan that that works for the both of you. a big yay for that!

and a double-big yay for AF. ;)

wan said...

well, this is a twist on the yay!/boo. game.

yay for the growing bank account! but boo for not moving anymore. but yay for paying off debt! and for redecorating! and yay for social life!

see? like 10y said, the good outweighs the bad :)

That Girl said...

I like my bad news first too! That way the good can cheer me up.

And the cool thing about ALL your bad newseses is that they're all temporary!

Winnie said...

62 hours. Wow. On top of mother duties. You're amazing.

Boo re: the move. But you two sound very grown up to me :)

Julie Q said...

um. hello! Moving totally sucks, you just saved yourself many hours of manual labor :)

Trisha said...

I'm sad about the no-moving part because I know how excited you were for a new place. But yeah, a bigger bank account *does* sound even better :)

Mrs. Shorty Cake said...

Hang in there...it definitely sounds like the "goods" will outweigh the "bads" in the longterm. 12mos will fly by before ya know it~ oh and here's one more good- movin' all your stuff sucks, and now you don't have to do it~ yet! :)

Yahpee said...

Sounds like the bad news weren't really bad news after all!

Sounds like a good plan to me!

Hydrate and pop a midol! Hope you feel better soon!

ssinca said...

I agree...moving is a royal pain in the ass. it should actually be moved over to the yay column. ;)