I've got 3 work days under my belt and I've been responsible to close the office alone for two of them. Tomorrow will be the third night I close. I guess this means the manager trusts me. Yup. Just call me Kyra. :)Last night I met with my first client. He hadn't done his taxes in the last 5 years. Yikes. What I'd hoped would be an easy first go at things turned out to be a mess. It's all good though. We came up with a plan to get him all caught up by this year's filing date. I'm sure that'll be a relief. 5 down, 195 to go. ;)
Tonight I spent my evening printing and stuffing bridal shower Save the Dates for NY Bride's wedding. Yes, it seems a little insane to send Save the Dates for a bridal shower. The thing is, a little more than half of the guest list is from out of town and will need to make travel arrangements if they are going to attend. We figured it's better to send some of the info early to help out with that preparation and try to ensure the highest turn out possible. We really want it to be nice for our friend so we're doing some "extra". Check it out.
No, we are not sending bachelorette party invitations via e-vite. We're going to do that the snail mail way. That part on the bottom is just to get the e-mails of people we are missing and so we can send an e-Save The Dates for the bachelorette party. We've only got one day for the bride to knock all her pre-wedding parties out and it could get pricey. There is also too much information to squeeze on a cute little card. We felt it was prudent to advise them of the tentative plan and costs involved with participating in the festivities and that this might be the most efficient route. Non-traditional, but functional.
In case you hadn't guessed, the color of the shower will be pink and green. Those were her sorority colors and also her favorite colors. Not sure which came first, but who cares. I should be able to send those bad boys out tomorrow. That's one project down and a bunch more to go. Woo hoo!
That it's for me tonight folks. I have that nasty, envelope taste in my mouth and I'm tired. Going to try to get up and work out tomorrow. I've been avoiding the gym and all the NY Resolutioners, but I can't do this workout tape at home for too long. It doesn't burn enough calories. We'll see what happens when my lazy ass stares at that alarm at 5:00 a.m. TTFN!
9 comments:
mmm...fuzzy envelope tongue.
i'm a big fan of giving folks a heads-up on plans/costs for bachelorette parties. just makes it easier for everyone in the long run. you are a great friend to be taking care of all this stuff for her :)
good luck with the early morning workout. i know you can do it!!
eek, FIVE years of no taxes?
the save-the-dates are adorable! nice job, my friend.
This wedding seems very high maintenance!!!! You are an exceptional friend.
Save The Date has hilarious initials btw :) But thats actually a really good idea to have them in advance for a bridal shower. And I LOVE pink and green, maybe its because I love watermelons, i dont know..
yuck thanks for reminding me taxes are due soon (haha jk the hubs b-day is april 15th so i will NEVER forget)
You're an amazing woman. JobS, kid, husband, BM duties . . . wow.
we're doing pink and green too! but i haven't been in a sorority. i just love pink and we needed a manly color in there to even it out. :)
Happy to hear the job is going well!
Cute Save the Dates. Since I've been delurking on other blogs, thought I'd finally show you some love R. =)
Post a Comment