It waited to start raining on Friday until I was already home and in bed. And I was able to stay awake. :)
I felt good about Saturday's Spanish test. I may have missed a couple of points due to the whole feminine/masculine assignment of words thing because I still get that mixed up sometimes. It's all good though. I know I got a couple of the extra credit points to make up for it. Oh, and my sister dropped the class. It kind of sucks to win by default so I'm a little disappointed...BUT I did get 18 out of 18 on the first quiz and my sister got 17 out of 18 so--I WIN!!
I had a very nice Saturday hanging with Hubbs after class. We did the grocery shopping and got a chance to watch a movie. It was the Perfect Stranger with Halle Berry and Bruce Willis. Giovanni Ribisi was in it too and I really like him as an actor. He's so talented and believable in every role he plays. It was a pretty good movie. Hubbs even obliged a quick trip to the mall so I could try on a couple pairs of pants. Good news--I had to buy a smaller size! :) It's pretty cool. At least to me it is. It feels good to have my hard work pay off. I've been hitting the gym 5-6 times a week pretty regularly lately so it's about time I see some damned results.
Sunday I did get up and go to that weight class. My arms are sore today but I'm glad I went. I won't be able to make it next Sunday so I needed to get there. I won't lie, if my friend hadn't told me she was going, I probably would have skipped it. I was feeling pretty cozy in my p.j.s.
The Chargers lost again. Sad.
I went and tried on the dress. I tried on a smaller size than what I thought I'd need and it fit. Yay again!! Even better, I fit into the next size smaller. Woo hoo! Now here's the dilemma...the girls were struggling in the smallest size and I had a little boob fat that I hated. I figure I'll go back in a month or two and try it on again to see if losing more weight will make a difference. If not, the next size up fit but would need some alterations to make it snug and not bunch up. Here are a couple pictures for you:
This is the smallest size. See how the girls are squeezed in?
And now the bigger smaller size. More room for the girls, but more bunch in the waist and stomach area.
We'll see what another 10lbs will do and decide from there. Wish me luck!
After the dress session was done we had a late lunch and discussed bridal shower and bachelorette details. This promted a visit to Michael's to look for more ideas. I could spend hours in this store. Thankfully, I walked out without having spent too much time and with only Halloween bags for Lil' Man's class and a boning folder. I even had enough time to make a quick stop at Paper Source before my next stop.
The next stop was a Farewell Dinner for Madisen who's headed off to an adventure across the lands. I forgot my camera in the car, so I will rely on Weezermonkey's recap. I think the group shot of us is great. I love it. (Look at my new, smaller jeans!) Madisen is the super hot red head crouching next to me. :)
We'll miss you Madi, but you're only a click away. And you will not be forgotten. :)
11 comments:
Ah i'm also going through a dilemma with a BM's dress for a wedding next month.. I pulled the "let's get a size smaller" routine (like I did with my wedding dress which worked out perfect) The dress zips all the way but still feels a little snug.. Congrats on fitting into the smaller sizes!
I myself get to run everyday for a month. I hhhhate running :(
That dress sort of reminds me of your wedding gown!
I'm so proud of you and your weight loss!
you are looking goooood! i think that if you keep this up, within the next month or two that smaller size is going to be perfect :) yay!
OMG, you look great! Seriously, you remind me of the commercial..."OK stop, what, do you want to weigh ZERO?!"
For reals though, congrats!
you really DO look great in that dress (and looked fab IRL, too). i am jealous of your girls.
Hot mama! That dress is rad! It is kinda wedding-dressish.... Looks fab on you!
R - you look awesome in the BM dress! Your hard work is really paying off!
You look great in the BM dress! Congrats on the smaller size!
Congrats on the smaller pant size and smaller dress size!! We saw A Perfect Stranger also...it was actually pretty good. I really don't know how you manage to have such busy weeks and busy weekends...if it were me, but the time the weekend rolled around, I'd be lazy!
aw, you look fabulous in the dress! it's really very cute, and i agree - it reminds me a bit of your wedding gown :)
I'm with Trish... don't go Nicole Richie on us ok! We need to be able to see yo' ass when we meet next. Christian wants to hold on to something when he finally sees you babe.
But you do look GREAT! I'm proud of you and you should be proud of yourself.
Post a Comment