Monday

Sunday Fun Day

Sunday was another fun part of my weekend. I finally got to sleep in! That's a big deal because I start waking up at 5:00 a.m. on the weekdays and I'm up at 6:30 a.m. on Saturdays now for class. Sunday is it for me and sleeping in. It was nice.

I went to the gym to get my ass kicked by the Pregnant Punisher again only to find out she has gone on maternity leave. Now I know I'm a weakling because she was well into her 3rd trimester when she was rocking out and peppy-ly commanding us to do 472 dead lifts. The other chick was OK, but I really liked PP so I didn't love the class like last time. Whatever, it was a good workout and I'm effin' sore today. It got the job done.

I got to watch a little football before I got ready to leave for another baby shower in honor of my friend Wan. I only got to watch the first half of the Chargers game (which was torture because they weren't playing well) and tried to listen to the game on the way to the Altadena Country Club where the festivities took place. Luckily the second half of the game was better than the first and they beat Chicago 14-3.

The shower for Wan was a lot of fun. We, like always, had a great time hanging out and laughing at little things that only we would find funny. Wan looked amazing only 3 weeks out from her due date and everything was put together so nicely. No surprise though because I knew she'd be on top of things. It was nice to meet Mamma Wan and see how happy everyone was for the Bean's arrival. I was pleased that we won at least one of the games too. It was a group effort but I know we had the advantage because WeeMo (who also blogged about the shower) is a super smarty pants. :)

Enough of my yapping, here are the pics:








The winners!
Now, I don't want to leave out Friday night because I had a really great time at dinner with my friends. Hmm...I guess "friends" doesn't give enough credit here. Framily is better suited for these ladies. We got together for a night of "just girls" and had dinner at a place called the Social. I forgot my camera so I have no awesome pictures of the food, drinks, or us but I will tell you that it was good. Really good. And I'd go back again. The location gives you cause for pause because it seems a little sketch what with being close to Kragen Auto Parts and all, but inside it is a diamond in the rough. We had a great time and I can't wait until we have the chance to do it again. My one friend even got the phone number of a cute guy there with a little urging from me and the other married girl. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

3 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Super smart pants = person who had recently played this game at another shower and remembered the answers.

;)

wan said...

aw, i can always count on the SFAMily to take great detail shots! i love it :)

amber said...

so fun! i'm super bummed i missed it :(