Wednesday

Ugh

I feel a little bit like warmed up shit this morning. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with having to double up on the Baby Blockers. I forgot to take my pill for Monday night so I had to take both last night. It always makes me nauseous when I have to do that. Ugh. Brushing my teeth this morning was not a pleasant experience. It always enhances my gag reflex. Add that on top of my nausea and you get a big bowl of yuck.

I decided to go to the gym this morning even though I was not feeling 100%. I hoped the workout would help me shake it off. I figured a little sweat might jump start my system and get me going. I almost turned my ass right back around after I walked out of the house. This is why:


This is a picture I took with my camera phone. It's outside of my apartment looking straight ahead. There is a pool at the bottom of the picture and you can see two other apartment buildings on either side. Do you see that bright, white circle on the top left side? It looks like a light sitting on the roof? Well, it's the moon. Yes people, the freakin' moon. I saw the moon and stars this morning when I left the house...even picked out the little dipper. There is something just not right about going to bed and waking up to the same sky.

I decided to keep going and just get to the gym. I was already up so I might as well follow through. I noticed that it was a little chilly heading to the car, but didn't think of it. I got the gym and noticed the thermometer in the dash.


55 degrees out. And it was 53 when I headed back home after the workout. Great. I hate cold weather and it seems to be getting a little colder each week. I know it warms up during the day still, but that doesn't help me at O' Dark Early in the morning. I also know that 55 isn't necessarily that cold in comparison to living in places where it snows or even here during the really cold overnight temperatures when it gets to be 35 or 40 degrees. I was just grumpy this morning and I take it as a sign that the mornings will get colder as winter comes closer. This makes it really hard to get up and go to the gym. Oh well, what can you do?

I want to stay home and sleep but that is not going to happen. I have a letter that has to get out to a client today and, of course, I'm the only one who knows where anything is. I also have a quiz in tax class tonight to finish preparing for. I'm pretty much ready, but not quite. I still need to finish my Dance class homework for tomorrow night and I've got a bit Spanish to sneak in somewhere. I guess I better be happy that I got to watch House (love this show!) and Beauty and the Geek last night. (the guy 'beauty' is a complete tool and I've never felt so smart watching a show before thanks to the female 'beauty' debates) No TV in R-land tonight.

7 comments:

amber said...

i hear ya on the crazy darkness in the wee hours of the a.m. makes getting out of bed at 5:30 oh so much fun. and feeling poopy on top of it doesn't help :(

i actually kind of like that it is cooling off. for some reason i prefer working out when it's cold out. i know, i'm strange. :P

dapotato said...

i think it should be illegal for the sun not be somewhat up by 6 AM. i hate driving "at night" to work in the morning.

still admire your resolve in getting to the gym at that ungodly hour.

Julie Q said...

How funny was House last night? I was cracking up just about every minute. This new season looks awesome!

weezermonkey said...

For once, I woke up in the dark this morning, too, albeit probably not as early as you did. :P

wan said...

dude, you are a trooper. i don't know that i could motivate myself to get up when the damn moon is still out to hit the gym.

Jen said...

Dude, I *love* both House and Beauty & the Geek. So excited for fall TV!

willikat said...

i HATE that it's dark again in the mornings. . . depressing. also, take the baby blockers a few hours apart. it helps. i usually do 12 hours. otherwise i puke for sure.