Friday...It was blessed end to a crappy week. Let's just say, I do not love my job right now. I did, however, get to speak my mind on a few things that made me feel better so it wasn't a completely lost week. I did homework and watched Blades of Glory with Hubbs after dinner. It was silly sprinkled with a dash of weird. I'm glad I didn't pay movie theater prices to see it, but I got a couple of chuckles out of it. I like a lot of the actors that were in it so I was happy to finally see it.
Saturday...Went to class in the a.m. solo. Mi hermana no esta en la clase. Sister didn't make it, but thankfully her boyfriend drove to my house to drop off the parking pass. I got to rest for a little while after class and then it was off to meet my friend flying in on an overnight trip from NY. She's a flight attendant and occasionally gets trips out this way. We took advantage of it and met up for dinner and wedding talk. (She's gettin' hitched in June of next year.) It was fun and really great to just laugh with her again after so long in between visits.
I'm in pink on the right and the bride-to-be is standing in front of me.
I took a special picture of my yummy burrito just for you guys. After this picture I gutted it for the meat, lettuce, and some of the beans. It wasn't pretty, but it was yummy and I felt slightly less guilty for eating it.
Hubbs had thrown his back out earlier in the day so on the way home I stopped at the store to get Icy Hot cream and those back patch things that heat up. I thought it might help him stop walking around like an eighty year old man. Poor thing. I got home after 12:00 from all that. I was tired.
Sunday...A little bit of sleeping in and a mad dash to the 9:30 a.m. workout class. Thank goodness my friend called me on her way to they gym because I didn't get the message from the night before that she'd be able to join me. I got my butt kicked again, but not so bad this time. I think I'm building up some strength finally. :)
After the class was done I got cleaned up and Lil' Man and I headed out to spend some time with his half brothers and their sisters. Long story short, SD married a girl after we were done and had two boys with her, J and T. She has two girls from a previous marriage, P and H. They split up and SD has been SD ever since--not in their lives much either, and more recently not at all. The mom and I keep in touch so that the boys will know each other and hopefully have some kind of bond. The kids were really excited to see Lil' Man and we had a really fun time bowling and hanging out for a few hours.
Lil' Man bowling and giving his brothers tips
The boys are always trying to be funny and make faces. Apparently bunny ears are all the rage.


The boys are always trying to be funny and make faces. Apparently bunny ears are all the rage.


When we were all done, Lil' Man and I headed home. I settled in with broke-down Hubbs on the couch to watch a very disappointing Chargers and Patriots game. The final score was 38-14. I hope they can pull it together this week and have a better showing at Lambeau against the Packers. I'll be watching in my new LT jersey and cheering them on. :) I wrapped up the night with the Emmys and more homework. It was a busy, but fun weekend. Again. ;)

9 comments:
Lil man look so great. I haven't seen him in a while. The halves look good to. It's great to hear that you're trying to keep them all connected some how. He'll appreciate it when he gets older.
You're a great mom.
i think it's awesome that you make the effort to keep li'l man in touch with his half-sibs. they're going to be so grateful as the years go by!
That is awesome that you're keeping Lil Man connected! Seriously so, so, so sweet!
You're learning Spanish. You SHOULD eat burritos to complete your experience.
Ditto what Wan and Nanette said :)
BTW that burrito looks so, so good right now.
you're such a great woman. lil man is too cute and his brothers look like they love him to death. though, you know, you're still cuter than the ex.
Your little guy is too cute!
I love that you keep in touch with Lil' Man's half bros! That's really cool!!
ditto wan and nanners. you are really doing right by them and i love you for that :)
Post a Comment