Monday

Buddy, buddy

This past Saturday I went to a baby shower for a girl I went to high school with. It'd been years since I'd seen her last...

Come to think of it, I think the last time was when we had planned to go out for her bachelorette party. We were all dressed and ready to go when we got a call from the bachelorette who was on her way. She was sad and teary and informed us that they had just called off the wedding. Oh man! What to do? She said she wasn't going to waste the night planned with her friends and we went out anyway. Wow, I had forgotten about that story until just now. Well, she's shacked up with a really good guy now and very happy. Guess everything happens for a reason. :)

Going to this shower was a true blast from the past. I saw a couple of other girls there that I hadn't seen in about ten years. And one of them was pregnant! So crazy, so fun. I got a chance to catch up with people and found out that one of them lives about a mile up the street from where I do. Turns out she is a member at the same gym I am too. She told me that she's been trying to get back to the gym but lacks the motivation to go by herself. Well, guess who's got a new workout buddy. That's right, me!

She didn't even flinch when I told her that I go at 5:30 a.m. Looks like that time works out (no pun intended) better for her because of work, husband, and the kids. Sah-weeet!


Today was day one for the buddy, buddy system and we were both there. I tell ya, I work much harder at getting up when I know someone is waiting for me at the gym. This could really work out great for us. I try harder when I know someone else is counting on me to help keep them motivated too, and lately I've been slacking on getting there. Cross your fingers. I need to stay on track.

3 comments:

weezermonkey said...

My buddy [my buddy]
My buddy [my buddy]
Wherever I go, he goes
My buddy [my buddy]
My buddy [my buddy]
I'll teach him everything that I know
My buddy and me like to climb up a tree
My buddy and me, we're the best friends could be!
My buddy [my buddy]
My buddy [my buddy]
My buddy and me!

My buddy, from Hasbro Preschool.

amber said...

that is awesome R! i'll take motivation anyway i can get it, you know. br/>>weezer's comment totally puts mine to shame, btw ;-)

wan said...

[dead]

(yay for workout buddies!)