Thursday

Super Secret (Secreto Súper)

Today I finished the on-line registration requirements to enroll in a class at the local Community College. I've been wanting to do this for a while, but there always seems to be something else that gets in the way of it actually happening. I'm pretty happy that it looks to be finally materializing in to a reality for me. Guess what class I'm going to take...

Super Secret Spanish.....ooooooooooo!

Yes folks, I'm about to embark on an adventure into the frequently spoken but rarely understood language of Spanish. OK, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit there. Plenty of people speak the language fluently and, surprisingly, it's been my experience that more people understand it than what would normally be thought by those comfortable speaking it regularly. So it's not really that secret. It just seems that sometimes people speak it around you when they don't want the gringa to know what they're saying...like it's some kind of code you're not meant to decipher. Where did I leave my Spanish decoder ring??


Personally I do OK with some of it, but I'd like to be better at writing it, reading it, and be more comfortable speaking it with my knowledgeable friends. Hence the desire to take the class. I'm hoping to schedule a weekend date to make it easier for my schedule, but we'll see what happens. Wish me luck! Or should I say ¡Deséeme la suerte!

6 comments:

weezermonkey said...

The tears are streaming down my face.

Winnie said...

[dead]

You should be proud of yourself for making the first step. Good luck!

California Girl said...

This is really awesome! My bien, senorita!

Trisha said...

Soy muerto.

Te amo mucho, senora!

Anonymous said...

Ummm....taco. Burrito. Ole!

wan said...

i can't believe you're going over to the dark side and learning the super secret language. hmph.