Friday--Watched movie with Hubbs. This week's feature was Babel with Brad Pitt and...um...some other people. Sorry. I get distracted when Brad Pitt is in a movie. :) It was good although there were a couple questions we didn't feel got answered. I guess that's what these cerebral stories do to you--make you guess and wonder. Two thumbs up from this couple.

Saturday--Birthday party for the kids of a friend of mine. For some reason birthday parties at this friends' house always become a marathon. It started at 2 p.m. and we got home around 10 ish. I heard from her later and she said the kids kept her up until 12:00 opening their presents. Sheesh. There was a cool reptile show though and both the adults and kids were really in to it. Lil' Man was pumped about it and I dug it too. Lizards, and turtles, and snakes--oh my!
Sunday--Woke up early to try out a workout class at the gym. Kicked.my.ass. Holy hell, that was a workout. I didn't notice that they had changed the time of the class to 9:30 instead of 9 so I accidentally did Pilates for 30 minutes. (Idiot!) After that I did a combo cardio/weight class and used a barbell for the first time ever. Trial by fire. It felt good to do something out of my element and I'd definitely try it again. It's too bad that the class is only available during Tuesdays at 5:00 p.m. (I'm at work then) and Sundays at 9:30 a.m. It's going to be tough for me to get back in the next few Sundays. By the way, the instructor was awesome and motivational...and very pregnant. I got my ass kicked by a woman in her second trimester. I'm weak.
Lil' Man just came home from his first visit to New BFF's house. He's all chatty Kathy right now and telling us about the day. It's fun to see him all excited and happy like this.

While he was gone Hubbs and I got to go off to a movie. We saw Bourne Ultimatum and liked it very much. It was entertaining and filled with more car chases, intrigue, and had some humor in it too. It was really nice to have some one on one time with Hubbs. We hung out at home and had lunch together, saw the movie, and even went grocery shopping together. Hubbs never goes grocery shopping with me so it was nice to have the company.

Well, it's off to watch another movie today with Lil' Man as promised. I may be tired, but I keep my word to the munchkin. Hopefully I won't doze off during the flick.
5 comments:
matt damon is yummy. still haven't seen babel, but really want to. love having company at the grocery store, but it happens all to infrequently. awesome that lil man is so jazzed about his new bff :-)
You know I am always excited to hear about Li'l Man's blossoming friendships. :)
whoa. that is one long reptile!sounds like a great weekend!!
I had a mild freakout seeing a giant snake like that.
BTW, I very nearly puked while watching the Bourne Ultimatum. I think it was because we sat a little too close (second row of the big section, not the lower section) and because of all the up close action shots. I actually got motion sick from a movie. Sad.
i wasn't bored at all! it sounds like you had a great weekend :)
we had the same experience as trish! we stupidly went on opening weekend and sat much closer than we normally would've, and i was sad to have to turn away so many times at the action shots. boo.
Post a Comment