1) I do not like feet. I think they are gross and I have an actual adverse physical reaction to the thought of someone sucking on some one's toes. And if anyone ever tries to suck my toes I will kick them in the face. Hubbs has been warned. It's not sexy or cute so don't even try it.
2) It has taken me a long time to get to the point where I actually like some pictures of myself. I think this may come from my Mom who's never ever liked a single photograph of herself and I heard about it growing up. I'm sure that had a lot to do with her constant weight fluctuation and general dislike for the way she looked, but I always thought she was the most beautiful Mom in the world. As a result I have maybe 5 candid pictures of my mother and at least 2 of them were taken without her 'permission'. I was shocked when she didn't give me a hard time about taking pictures at my wedding last year. All of this makes me want to be better about pictures taken of me because I hate that I don't have photographic memories of my cool ass Mom.
3) I've often thought it'd be fun to have a designer hand bag obsession, pricey shoe fettish, or an affinity to gourmet food establishments. It'd be nice to be 'in the know' on things of this nature. I spent a good portion of my young adult life being a single mother, working full time, and also going to school for a few years so I've never really had the time or the funds to make this happen. Now I know things about diaper bags and backpacks, basketball and workout shoes, and dinner out anywhere is fine with me. Different, but I'm still happy.
4) I do not like tomatoes. I know they're good for you and all that jazz, but I can't stand the texture of them. Especially those little round cherry tomatoes that explode their tomato-y guts in your mouth when you bite down on them. Really freakin' gross. I like spaghetti sauce, sun dried tomatoes, and ketchup but I can not stand fresh tomatoes.
5) I want to be able to do something much more creative or useful with my life, but I will probably always be a paper pusher. I don't know what I'd be good enough at to be able to make a decent living so I stay at a job that isn't my favorite because it's flexible for the stuff I need/want to do for the kid, pays OK money, and provides job security.
6) I am overly competitive by nature. I love to win. Who doesn't, right? The problem is, I see this trait in Lil' Man and I hate it. I hate it because he is a sore loser and it will ruin his day if he doesn't win. When I don't win, I immediately begin to think of a way to dominate the next time around. So because I see it and hate it in him, I can only imagine that my friends and family feel the same way about me. I guess I'm the best at being annoyingly competitive. Ha!
8) I can put on mascara without having my mouth open. How did I discover this talent? Well, have you ever seen that e-mail that goes around and it's a list of things that people can't do and weird facts? There are things like lick your elbow and other random items, but I noticed the mascara one. It said it was impossible for a woman to apply mascara and not open her mouth. In your face e-mail chain of questionable facts. I can do it. I win.So now I'm going to tag whoever (whomever?) is reading this, but hasn't been tagged yet. Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to come read your stuff too. Have fun!
7 comments:
People can't put on mascara with their mouths closed? Huh? Really? I will have to try this.
I am not a big tomato fan either, although I like all the things you listed, too.
i open my mouth when putting mascara once.
the hubs and i heart all tomatoes. we'll gladly eat yours for you.
already havebeen tagged, but JUST realized i forgot to tag anyone. poo.
i love that you put photos with your entries. william agrees. also, we both found your comment re: phoebe and ursula way entertaining. :)
i've been tagged before and totally had to scramble to think of stuff to list about myself. it was fun, though!
and i can put mascara on with my mouth closed, too.
I played... Crissy tagged me first but you can pretend you did ;)
http://eventsbyricci.wordpress.com/2007/08/30/mememe/
I like to win, too. :)
Oh, and In'N'Out DOES sound pretty amazing right now... Sigh. Must. Be. Strong.
I love tomatoes (esp. those on the vine).
In-N-Out is the best.
I don't wear make-up so I can tell you that you're probably right.
Post a Comment