Tuesday

Double up

A very good friend of mine recently became engaged. A week ago on Sunday she and her man were on vacation and he popped the question. She, of course, said yes because they are truly in love with each other and she wants to have his red-headed babies. I am very happy for them both because they are great people.

Fast forward one week. I spoke to my friend on the phone and she is so excited to tell me that they've decided on a site and are sending in the contract to book it. Holy shiite! You move quickly, my friend. You've been engaged for a week and already have the wedding location, date, and photographer set. Impressive. She doesn't work so she has the time to look this stuff up, but one week is still fast and she's doing this from out of state mind you.

After our giddy talk of wedding related things she pauses briefly before she says her next words.

Friend: "I know that you have been in a bajillion weddings and you might say no, but I would like you to be one of my bridesmaids if you can."

Me: "Really? I would be honored to be in your wedding party. At the risk of sounding like a complete nerd--I'm more than a little excited about it all."

This will be the second wedding I'll be in next year and they are both in June. Two weeks apart. Wow. Not only am I going to double up on the wedding duties, but I'm going to have to double up the working out and eating right efforts.

I think I might actually get high off wedding stuff.

6 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Yay for weddings!

wan said...

aw, congrats to your friend! she DOES move pretty quickly, but you know how fast june wedding vendors book up. and yay for double BM duties - i really love being in/going to weddings (especially for people i actually like)!

Trisha said...

Exciting!!! Your friend is a planning rock star, too :)

amber said...

i puffy heart weddings! and nothing like having to wear a BM dress in front of a bunch of strangers to add extra motivation to the workout effort ;-)

Nanette said...

You'll make a FABULOUS bridesmaid!

Winnie said...

Eeeeeee how exciting! It just shows that you're a great friend for being asked to be in so many wedding parties :)