Friday night I wrapped up my crafty stuff for the very fun, very great shower I attended on Saturday. I couldn't post it then because I didn't want to spoil the surprise for the guest of honor, but I made up a shower game and created a board to go with it. The object of the game was to match the celebrity baby name with the baby picture. I even included a baby picture of a couple of local celebs...Wan and mini-Wan. We also played a draw-a-baby-on-a-paper-plate-while-it's-on-your-head game, memory game, and baby bottle relay. Wan likes game, so we had games. ;)
Saturday morning brought the anxiously awaited festivity. The shower was held at the Kinara Spa in Los Angeles in a very tranquil patio area complete with a running fountain, bamboo, and a beautiful table set up. Big props to Riccimp and Lilcee for all the hard work of putting everything together. It was a really great time. Mrs. Shorty Cake made really great favor bags, Nanette made really great lemon cupcakes (and cherry cheesecake, but I didn't have one of those), and Tater put together a really fun polaroid wish book (not pictured here, but can be found in the monkey's review of our spectacular event).
I'll let the picures speak for themselves.
We ate, drank (water and tea), and were merry. Everytime this group gets together we laugh the time away. It's a really fun group filled with intelligent, accomplished ladies who don't take themselves too seriously. I've never had a bad time when I've spent it with them. Thanks for the chuckles ladies and congrats to Wan and family!
After the chuckle shower, I mean baby shower, was over I headed home to round up the family. We went to an old friend's house to hang out and watch the UFC fight between Couture and Gonzaga. More good times. We got home pretty late from that and I crashed out after getting Lil' Man tucked in. The next day there would be more good times...
7 comments:
Your actions shots of the games are hi-freakin-larious.
Caption for my photo:
"Who's the baby? I am!"
another great recap, so i don't have to!
fun times. :)
[saying with a very deadpan face] Yes, thank you for capturing photos of the baby/mama game.
;-)
i love how everyone just bit the bullet and played the games ;) it was such a great shower, and it's fun reading the various recaps!
Your games were CLASSIC. Seriously. Major props to making them unique and fun. The baby one was seriously genius.
LOVE the celebrity baby game!
You did a fabulous job on the games. The celeb baby games was genius.
Post a Comment