Tuesday

Missing!

Missing--one workout buddy. Last seen one week ago at 6:00 a.m. at the local 24hour fitness. She has long, dark hair and dark eyes. She was wearing a black t-shirt and black sweats with white tennis shoes. If found, please return to the Tread Climber or Elliptical machines at the aforementioned gym any day during the week at 5:30 a.m. Any and all help will be appreciated.



Yeah, I don't know what happened but I'm short one workout buddy. Last week on Monday she was there at the gym before me. She explained that her wisdom teeth had been bothering her so she couldn't sleep. After a few hours of tossing and turning, she decided to go to the gym at 4:30 in the morning. Holy crap! She'd already been there for an hour by the time I showed up at our designated meeting time. Hey, whatever works for you. Right?

After our brief stint at the cardio machines together she headed

off and said she'd be seeing a dentist that day or the next. Tuesday rolled around and she let me know that the trip to the dentist proved to be what she was dreading. They decided to remove all of her wisdom teeth that week so she was out of commission for working out. I definitely understood. She said we'd meet up the following week and she'd be ready to go so I continued the week solo.

Sunday I received a text message from her. She was still sore so she'd pass on Monday and see me bright and early Tuesday morning. Sweet! We could get back on track and help motivate each other to slimmer versions of ourselves. I made sure to get up today and get my arse to the gym on time. I had to. She was waiting for me.

Or not. I got to the gym at 5:32 and she was nowhere in sight. I decided to stretch for a couple minutes to wait for her. That couple minutes turned in to 10 then 15 and I realized I'd need to get moving if I was going to be done by 6:30. I set up at an elliptical with an empty one next to me in case she came rushing in because she didn't get up on time or the alarm wasn't set.

No such luck. This hopeful sweat monger huffed and puffed through her workout the same way she arrived that morning. Alone. I'm going to have to make sure to get in touch with Workout Buddy to make sure nothing bad happened. She has two kids and did have oral surgery last week so any number of things could have gone wrong. In the mean time, I'll rely on self motivation to resurrect my tired ass out of bed and in to each dark, early morning towards a healthier, slimmer me.

Two weddings...two weddings...9 months...two weddings...9 months...9 months...two weddings...two weddings...

5 comments:

amber said...

oh no! i hope everything is okay with her, but i'm also really bummed for you :-( i know you can do it solo (i mean, you're a strong, independent woman and all), but i also know it's easier to rise before the sun when there an actual person waiting for you ... not just an inanimate object. hang in there, i rooting for ya!

Jen said...

I am super impressed you get up at 6am to work out! That is some dedication!

wan said...

i really should be at the gym right now. and yet, here i sit. :) hopefully your buddy's doing okay!

Nanette said...

Keep up the great work, R! I thought of you this morning when I woke up at 5:15 to go to the bathroom. I don't know if I'd have the power to drag my butt out of bed when it's so dark out!

California Girl said...

5:30 in the morning!!!?? Girl, you got skillz!

Hope your buddy will be OK :)