Well, it's 2009. Two days in and nothing really feels different. Kind of like the day after my birthday...I'm different but not really. Just older. And fatter.
I really wanted the new year to bring a sense of something better. Something hopeful and possibly exciting. It's has yet to unfold but I could sure use some greatness in 2009. How about you?
I'd love to do a review of my year to help capture some of the good things I got to do and experience it all over again. Of course, with good there is bad and I'll be sure to include that as well because in the end it is all a part of what makes me who I am.
Here we go...
January brought me anxieties as I started a new job and missed Aunt Flo, preparations and projects for NY Bride's pre-wedding parties, and some fun and food with friends new and old. There was the 70's party that turned out to be more fun than I expected. I also got a little reminder of how sweet Hubbs can be sometimes.
February had me pretending to try and lose some weight (like almost every other month!). I also had the pleasure/pain of remembering my 6th grade adventure in to the details of puberty and reliving that through Lil Man. We also said good-bye to Winnie as she went on a new adventure of her own.
March was the Mother Son Dance and the L.A. Marathon. I'm smiling from the inside out all over again from just these two entries. Awesome. I'm also feeling a little inspired, like I was this day, to run again. Or at least try for my own good. I decided to chop my locks and send them in for a good cause and I enjoyed Speedy McBridey's bridal shower/bachelorette bashes. I also attended my first funeral for the year.
April was a mix of emotions for me. Uncle Kevin had a tumor and was diagnosed with brain cancer. I still remember feeling the way I felt during that time. Along with all of that I managed to help throw another combo bridal shower/bachelorette party but for NY Bride this time. I also attended Speedy McBridey's wedding in Las Vegas and had a really wonderful weekend. Roller coaster month.
May was no less busy, eventful, or emotional. I found out that my Auntie has breast cancer and Hubb's grandpa has prostate cancer. I went to graduations and more wedding celebrations. I also spent time hanging out with Lil Man and beaming over his school stuff.
June brought us a nice break from all the crazy. Before our break was a whole lotta crazy; Lil Man's 6th grade activities, graduation, and last minute prep stuff for the wedding and trip to New York. NY Bride's wedding was really great and our visit in upstate New York was better than expected. We had a really wonderful vacation. Sadly, we got some bad news about our friend's daughter in the midst of it all. Oh yeah...I turned 32 too.
July was filled with celebrations for birthdays and fun outings. I tried Pinkberry for the first time and I had two of my wisdom teeth pulled. There was also John Mayer and more birthdays. July is also when we celebrate our wedding anniversary and make sure to snuggle up close to each other.
August = more birthdays for friends and family. It was also Lil Man's first day of Jr. High as well as his first time playing football. I was such a proud momma! There was an awesome baby shower with good friends and food. A trip to St. Louis ended my month and opened my eyes. I missed Lil Man's birthday, which still makes me sad, but I was able to help my Auntie. I can never replace that experience. My amazing boys at home helped make that possible along with Nina and my Mom. I realized, once again, how truly lucky I am.
September was about adjusting after my trip and getting back in to life. Hubbs' birthday was in September but it went by quietly and we celebrated at home. There was good news about Spunky mid month. We attended a friend's wedding and a sweet little 1 year old's birthday party. There was also a super fun slumber party to wrap up the month.
October was brief in my blog. I took a trip down memory lane and went to a fun Halloween party. I also voted by mail and threw my "voice" in with all the other Americans who decided to speak with their pens.
November was monumental in history. We elected a new President and also proved that we have a long way to go for some people's rights to be recognized. I soaked it up along with many other friends and family. Spunky continued to kick Cancer's ass in November and I couldn't be happier for her and her family. I got some bad news about work and even worse news about friends affected by the fire. We still pushed on and prepared for the holidays. Thanksgiving was really nice even though I only had time for an honorable mention of that get together.
December has only recently passed, but it brought more sadness and joy to my life. There was time for family visits and a fun day out. We even managed to have a really wonderful Christmas in the midst of all the bad stuff that happened.
In the end it was a whirlwind year for me and my family, both extended and immediate. We've made it through with some bumps and bruises but I'm hoping that when they heal and fade we'll remember the good 2008 brought us. Happy New Year to everyone out there!! I hope 2009 is memorable and brings good things to you and your loved ones. :)




7 comments:
Loved this recap!
I think you did a lot in a year, and living it to the fullest is really what life is all about.
This was one crazy year!
Quite a year!
amazing to look back at all the stuff that happens in just a year's time. great recap :)
i like your recap :)
and as always, i admire you so much for all you have had to deal with (and continue to do so), and still manage to be so positive and upbeat. one of the things i love about you!
I'm totally late, but I just read this and for some reason, you have me in tears. I feel like such a wimp. Thank you for a great recap and I hope that 2009 kicks 2008's ugly ass for you!
Post a Comment